Part-time Deputy Clerk
Performs responsible professional, administrative, clerical and technical services for the City. This position is responsible for the maintenance and retrieval of official City records, including but not limited to City Commission meetings, licenses, contracts, and other official City records.
- Performs City Clerk functions in the absence of the City Clerk/Treasurer
- Performs a variety of routine and complex clerical, secretarial and administrative work in direct support of the City Clerk/Treasurer
- Keep official records
- Provides proactive customer support for City Hall
- Assists in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the City
- Maintain the official documents of the City, including but not limited to Commission minutes, ordinances, resolutions and contracts
- Prepares documents for publication in accordance with State law
- Assists with coordinating the response to public requests pursuant to State law
- Maintains the City’s official record and monitors the retention schedule
- Maintain the record storage system
- Maintains communication between other departments
- Performs accurate recording of pertain proceedings
- Is responsible for follow-up on Commission actions and directives
- Maintain record of appointments to all committees, boards and elected positions
- May serve as Notary Public
- Participate in the administration of municipal elections, such as preparation or distribution of ballots, appointment or training of election officers, or tabulation or certification of results
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
Any combinations equivalent to two years college-level course work in secretarial science and records management or related field; and three years of progressively responsible administrative secretarial, records maintenance or business office management experience including public contact and customer service experience. Municipal clerk experience strongly recommended.
Compensation based on qualifications. The City of Stanton is an equal opportunity employer and ad service provider. The deadline for submission is February 2, 2018.
Candidate should submit cover letter, resume and three (3) employment related references to:
225 S. Camburn St.
P.O. Box 449
Stanton, MI 48888