Full-Time DPW Staff
The City of Stanton is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Full-Time Department of Public Works Staff Member. This hourly, benefited position is scheduled as 40 hours per week, with occasional shortened hours on weekends. Compensation based on qualifications. The City of Stanton is an equal opportunity employer and service ad provider.
The ideal candidate will have experience in municipal water and sewer systems, be mechanically inclined, and have a willingness to learn and follow direction from senior staff. State of Michigan Water and Sewer Licenses preferred, but not required at the time of hire. A Class B with Air Brakes CDL is required.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Mowing, weeding, and trending to public properties
- Daily reporting of activities to City Administration
- Monitoring, servicing, and repairing the City’s municipal water and sewer systems
- Assisting local residents with concerns regarding utilities or roadways
- Monitoring, servicing, and repairing the City’s public roadways system
- Plowing, ice removal, and other winter maintenance on roads and sidewalks
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 11, 2017.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to:
City of Stanton
225 S. Camburn St.
P.O. Box 449
The City of Stanton is an equal opportunity provider.